Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Well, I’ve went and done it--I’ve joined the blogging craze. So, if you’re wondering what the heck you’re doing here....well join the club. Anyway, these pages will primarily deal with baseball related junk; however I do reserve the right to go off topic occasionally and rant, whine, complain, bellyache and vent over such things as the Toronto Maple Leafs, and.....um, well I’m sure I’ll come up with other things.


A few ground rules: You can safely the assume the following:


  • Bud Selig will be roundly criticized regardless of what he does. If he finds a cure for cancer (which I doubt, the man couldn‘t cure a ham) he’ll probably screw it up by insisting the MLBPA submit to a salary cap in gratitude.
  • I will frequently weep and gnash my teeth during the baseball season since my two favourite teams (The Toronto Blue Jays and Montreal Expos) are stuck in the same division as the Yankees and Red Sox and are run by the Three Stooges times 10 (do the math Einstein) respectively.
  • Since nobody pays me to do this, I am accountable to no master (shields monitor from spouse) and will freely flame anybody who ticks me off including managers, general managers, team owners, columnists, players who pop up on a 3-0 pitch with a man on third and one out, and anybody silly enough to agree with me.
  • You can expect links to articles of interest, other blogs, other websites and all that jazz. Innovative of me eh?

For the record, it’s not deja vu all over again. You may have read my rants before at such places as Baseball Prospectus, MLBtalk, TOTK Sports, Bootlegsports, Yankees.com and About.com (nee The Mining Company). You’ll get the Full [baseball] Monty here: recent news and commentary, history, sabermetrics, the business end of things, and anything else that doesn’t die of loneliness inside my head.


So stay tuned and watch. This place will grow like a fungus--whether you want it to or not.


Best Regards


John